London Paddington Station:
The history of Paddington Station officially started when the permanent station that we see today, was opened for public. However, the London Paddington Station had a temporary station inaugurated on June 4th, 1838, it was named as ‘London Paddington’ but later it gained popularity as ‘Paddington’ drew on the London Underground Map.
(Photo: Source )
The present London Paddington Station was built on May 29th, 1854, designed by the renowned Isambard Kingdom Brunel for Great Western Railway. Paddington Underground Station currently managed by Network Rail.
Facts About Paddington Station:
Did you know?
Paddington Station has two trains that directly go to the London Heathrow Airport
Paddington Station Map:
Paddington Tube Station is located on Praed Street, it has 13 operational platforms with one fare zone. The Bishop’s Bridge road is situated quite near to the Paddington Train Station, while having the Eastbourne Terrace on the west side, Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal at the east side, Westway to the north, Edgware Road to the Northeast, and London Inner Ring Road to the Southeast.
Hotels near Paddington Station:
If you’ve had a tiring journey, you can always get some rest as many widely-recognized hotels are situated adjacent to the Paddington Station London. Hotels in Paddington near Station includes:
- Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington Hotel
- The Pride of Paddington Hotel
- Hilton London Paddington Hotel
- Hotel Norfolk Towers Hotel
- The Alexandra Hotel
- Hotel Mercure London Paddington
- Hotel Indigo London Paddington
And many more. Most of the aforementioned Paddington Station Hotels are 5-minutes’ walk away from Paddington Tube and Train Station.
Paddington Station Shops:
Apart from Paddington Bear and excellent Paddington trains, Paddington Station also has shops for food, drinks, grocery, stationery and many more. Shops at Paddington Station mainly highlight:
- Hotel Chocolat – Chocolate Shop
- Caffè Nero, Starbucks – Coffee Shops
- The Savanna – Gourmet Grocery Store
- Paperchase – Stationery Store
- Paddington Bear Shop – Gift Shop
- Funky Pigeon – Book Store
- Fat Face – Clothing Store
Paddington Railway Station London:
Paddington Station has four main services platforms:
- Paddington Station DLR (Docklands Light Railway Stations)
- Paddington Underground Station (London Underground Stations)
- National Rail Stations
- Paddington Station Tramlink
Contact Details of Paddington Station:
- Paddington Station Address – Praed Street, Paddington, London, UK
- Paddington Station Postcode – W2 1HQ
- Paddington Station Phone Number – +44 345 711 4141
- Paddington Station Train Times – Open 24/7, Train leaves every 15-30 minutes
Taxi to Paddington Station:
You can travel to Paddington Station from anywhere in Paddington, London with Paddington Taxis & Private Hire at surprisingly affordable prices.